The benefits of owning a membership site are numerous and varied. In fact, with the right plan in place, you can earn a lucrative, residual income with a membership program. The recurring monthly income generated by such a site can give a significant boost to your finances. Even big businesses have gotten in on this particular way of earning revenue, just look at Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and many others. In this post, we will look at some of the benefits of owning a membership site and why you may want to consider adding one to your product list.
- Low Start-Up Cost – Running a membership site does not have to cost a ton of money. Most entrepreneurs who are considering creating a membership site already have most of the required tools in place – a website, hosting, autoresponder, etc. With a membership platform or app and some great quality content/products to add to it, you can be set up and running in no time and at a relatively low price.
- Easily Managed Without Help – Membership sites can be run easily by one person. This means you won’t have any extra expenses that come with hiring staff or dealing with management issues. Once you’ve got the initial setup of your site completed, you can add to it regularly on your own or drip-feed content which is pretty much set it and forget it.
- Create A Closer Community – If your membership site is one that allows interaction between members, you will be able to create a close-knit community where your members will feel as if they’re part of an exclusive group of V.I.P.s. Many entrepreneurs utilize social media groups for this exact purpose.
- Added Value – If you are already building a business online, a membership site will not only add value to the products and services that you offer, but to yourself as well. People who join memberships are looking for exclusivity. They want the products and services that regular people don’t get. If you have products like these, that are only offered to your member list, it increases the value of what you have to offer.
- Easier Communication – Membership sites make it easy for you to communicate with your subscribers and allow you to use many different methods to do so. You can send newsletters, upload podcasts, host live presentations, create notifications that your members will see upon login, the possibilities are endless as to how you can interact with your members.
- Create Loyalty – With a membership site you will be able to create a sense of loyalty among your members and to your brand. The quality of your members-only content and your interaction with the subscribers will determine how deep of a relationship you build with them. Over time, though, you should find that when you add content or recommend a product, your membership site will provide excellent results.
If you are up for the challenge and are able to handle the commitment of owning a membership site, it may be something worth considering. Remember, though, that to keep memberships from dropping off and losing income, you must always provide the best, most valuable and exclusive content, ensuring that your members feel they are getting their money’s worth. Make it a point to consistently over-deliver and your membership is sure to be a success.