PPC, or pay-per-click, is a method of online marketing where advertisers pay a fee each time someone clicks on one of their ads. Basically, it’s a way for online business owners to get traffic to their site. Though it is not a free method of driving website traffic, it is used by many internet marketers as a way to increase their leads and sales. Let’s look at a few reasons you might want to consider promoting your own business with a pay-per-click campaign:
- The Internet User Will See Your Ad First – When someone does an internet search for you or a product that you offer, many times what they find is out of your control. However, when you are running a PPC campaign, your ad will be seen first, above the normal search engine results. This is especially important for anyone who has ranked for things they would rather not be the first thing a potential client or customer sees.
- Everyone Else Is Doing It – OK, well, maybe not everyone, but if your competitors are running pay-per-click campaigns for their businesses and you aren’t, you run the risk of being left behind and losing out on sales, leads, or business partnerships. Chances are, if you aren’t implementing this type of advertising into your marketing plan and others in your niche are, they are outselling you by leaps and bounds.
- PPC Is Relatively Inexpensive – Considering the fact that your ad campaigns are set by your own budget, you retain control over how much you spend. You get to choose what your budget is and your campaign ends when the money runs out. You can start out with a pretty small budget and increase your ads as you begin to see a return on your investment.
- Paid Traffic Converts Better Than Organic Traffic – Organic traffic is great and you can earn some good money through the visitors that find your site that way. But, you will need to get a lot more organic traffic to see conversions than you do from paid traffic. With a well-planned and targeted PPC campaign, you could see a great increase in conversions compared to what you have been seeing through other methods.
- Build Your List Faster – Many webpreneurs who want to build their list of email subscribers quickly will run a pay-per-click campaign for their lead capture page. Make sure that you are fine-target your preferred customer and offer them something great in exchange for their contact information when you do so. A great ad will not do any good if once they land on your page they find that you don’t have anything to offer them.
- Use It When You Need It – PPC advertising allows you to be picky and choosy about when and to whom you would like to run your ads. For example, if you have created a new product and want to get the word out about it, PPC is a great way to do that fairly quickly. You can run a quick pay-per-click campaign any time you have something new happening in your business for extra exposure and a boost in sales.
- It Puts You Where The Buyers Are – If your ad is targeted correctly, it will be shown to those people who are actively searching for what you have to offer. They are usually already in the buying mood and you will be making their transition to purchasing that much easier for them.
If you’ve been thinking about running a pay-per-click campaign for your own business, hopefully, this post will have given you some new information on why it could be a good idea for you. If you’d like even more information, there are many products in the JVZoo Marketplace that go more in-depth and help you decide if running PPC campaigns is the right mode of advertising for you.